Monday, August 25, 2008

Away from Her (2007)




Away from Her (2007)
Directed By: Sarah Polley
Starring: Gordon Pinsent, Julie Christie






Acting: (7.5) Solid performances all around although I personally feel that Julie Christie's performance was a little overrated. She played the role wonderfully, but I didn't feel it to be Oscar worthy.

Effects / Cinematography: (7) Nothing great, nothing bad

Plot: (8) All in all it hit entirely too close to home, but at the same time I can appreciate the performance of Pinsent and his attempt to live life without his wife (in mind). I think there were some items that were not detailed properly (Pinsent's affair being the main one), but as it is a book adaptation there are certain assumptions that the director can make with the story.

Entertainment: (7.5) An above average movie that takes on a topic very close to my heart. I think it was very effective without being over dramatic.

Cumulative: (7.5)

No comments: